Firmware update for SONY DVD+/-RW Drive DW-Q58A-VS F/W UFY2-2
General installation guidelines:
- Make sure that your VAIO is connected to the mains while performing the process
- During the upgrade you will need to open the tray of the optical drive, without opening the tray or without having the tray already open the firmware update will fail. If you tried to install an application which failed then the eject button might not work. If this is the case then please restart your VAIO prior to performing the upgrade.
This update resolves/improves:
- Read quality of Media DVD+R DL 8cm.
- Download SOFOPD-01178401-UN.exe
- Browse to the directory where you downloaded SOFOPD-01178401-UN.exe to.
- Double Click SOFOPD-01178401-UN.exe
- Push the "Eject" button on your VAIO to open the Disc tray of the optical drive. Once the Drive tray has been ejected click "OK"
- Please read the instructions carefully. (You can ignore the the message that the drive tray will be ejected because you would not have arrived at this stage if you would not have ejected the tray yet). Click "OK"Warning: Closing the drive tray during the upgrade process might render your optical drive unusable.
- This Window will your current firmware version and the version that you are upgrading to. Click "OK".
- The entire process will take at least 45 seconds. Do not touch your VAIO during the process.
- Once you are prompted to Exit, please shut down your computer.
Warning: A full shut down after which the "Power" button needs to be pressed in order to restart your VAIO is required in order to perform the firmware upgrade succesfully. Select "Restart" from the Windows "Turn off computer" window might cause a failure of the firmware upgrade.
PS: When displayed: "F/W Loader does not apply to the DVD/CD-RW drive that you are using, your PC is latest F/W", your PC doesn"t have the necessity of Update.
Informacja o pliku
- 32 bit
- 988.02 Kb