BIOS Upgrade for Sony VAIO Notebooks.
This update program allows you to upgrade the BIOS of your VAIO computer. Please follow the instructions carefully to avoid any problems during the downloading and installation procedure.
- Download instructions:
- Create a new folder namedDownload.
- Download theBIOS Upgradefile for your VAIO model into theDownloadfolder.
- ClickViewand selectDetailsto check the size of the driver - If the size is the same as that mentioned on theDownloadpage, your download has been successfully completed.
- If the size is different, delete the file you have downloaded and restart the download.
- TheR0xxxxx.exefile you have downloaded is a self extracting file.
- Go toC:\Downloadand double-clickR0xxxxx.exe.
- At theUnzip to folderfield the locationC:\Bioswill appear.
- ClickUnzip, click OK and then clickClose.
- How to create a BIOS update floppy disk:
- Start your VAIO.
- Once you are back at the Windows desktop, insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy disk drive.
- Go toC:\Bios.
- Double-click thecrisdisk.batfile - Press any key to continue.
- Press ENTER to format the floppy disk.
- Label your diskBIOS, and press ENTER.
- When promptedQuickformat Another (Y/N)pressN.
- When prompted, press a key to continue.
- The program will copy some files - When prompted, press a key to continue.
- The BIOS update floppy disk has been created -When prompted, press a key to continue.
- Remove the disk from the floppy disk drive and press a key to finish the procedure.
- BIOS update instructions:
Before starting please ensure that your VAIO is connected to the external power source using the AC adapter. Do not remove the power or the floppy disk from the floppy disk drive while the BIOS upgrade is in process. Do not stop the BIOS upgrade procedure while it is in progress. Not following any of the above, could severely damage your system!
- Start your VAIO with the BIOS Update CD or floppy disk inserted.
- A screen appears asking you:Do you want to update the BIOS [Y/N].
- Press theYkey - The BIOS upgrade process begins.
- Once the upgrade is completed, your VAIO will restart.
- To avoid the upgrade process beginning again, eject the floppy disk or CD once you have finished the BIOS update (the Sony Logo will appear).
- How to check the BIOS version:
- Start your VAIO.
- When the Sony logo appears, press F2 to enter theBIOS Setup.
- Confirm that the BIOS version isR0xxxxxin the BIOS Setup.
- Press F10 to exit the BIOS Setup, Press ENTER to confirm - Your computer will restart.
Informacja o pliku
- 32 bit
- 428 Kb